Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Doubling my failure rate

So last year I lost 35 lbs. And, while I'm hoping to at least lose that much again this year, I'm taking a new focus for now. Maybe it'll all come together to form a better me.

This year I want to focus more on my mental health. Now, don't run too far with that. I'm not crazy.. I don't think... haha. But I have become sarcastic, cynical, pessimistic, and, yeah, maybe even a little bitter. My self-esteem is at an all-time low. Honestly? I think very little of myself. Any good things feel fabricated to me. Like, "posh! you really think you're caring?" I'm terrified of anything new and I've let my fear of failure cripple me.

I'm really not certain that my self-image is that far off. I think I've become a little self-absorbed with my "pain". At any rate, I'm through with feeling this way. I'm ready to forgive those who hurt me, accept myself for who I am, and work towards a better me!

A thought to get me started: "If you want to be successful, double your failure rate." - Bill Gates

No comments: