Thursday, April 11, 2013

Low Carb and the Shred

So after my last post I really did get serious. I wanted to lose my belly before my wedding (not completely, but at least where the corset/bra/thing could hold it in.) so I decided to go hardcore. The best way I know to lose weight is low carb and the best way to get in shape is the Shred. So. Terrified as I was, I tried the shred again, only this time I did not "push myself" and "take only 5 second breaks" as Jillian reccommends. (That woman is going to kill someone!) I did what I could, took breaks as needed, and I'm still working on building up to doing the entire thing, no breaks. But! I have lost 4 lbs in a week and I can definitely see the difference in my stomach. My feet were swollen and they've gone down, too. My clothes are fitting better and I wore the bra for my engagement pics Sunday and my fiance thought I looked so hot, he begged me to wear the dress to WM. I declined, but still. :) My stomach no longer pooches out with it on.

We're going to Olive Garden tonight to get the parents together and I didn't want to lose a day for it, so I went searching for low carb options. I found some, and I also found this very inspirational blog: http://lowcarbcj.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-story.html?showComment=1365704042779#c2167460501111754518

I'm actually kinda loving the low carb diet, since I'm finally getting more fruits and veggies. I just hate that my body keeps trying to detox, sending me into shakes and headaches. :-/  I guess I should try DE as my dear sister has suggested.... :) I think this might be something I could do forever... maybe. :)

No comments: