Sunday, August 14, 2011

For inspiration...

I went and found a before pic and an after pic.
There's not a whole lot of before pics, and I realized why. I would do anything I could to get out of pictures before. If you ever notice, every single picture that was taken "before" I have an "if you must.." look on my face. I hated pictures. And for a good reason! They spoke the truth! They said, Grace, you cannot eat a ton of crap and expect to look good. You look terrible and you need to do something about it. I took a lot of close ups around that time, trying to convince myself I looked good. And I got a few close ups that looked pretty good. But the truth was still there, and I couldn't avoid it.

These days, the truth is, I have a LONG ways to go, but I have come a LONG way! Mostly emotionally, but I have made some visible progress as well. I feel confident and attractive, and I am, but we're not finished yet. I'm going to be stunning before this journey comes to a close. Well, and as long as I'm human I reckon I'll fight the urge to eat. But hopefully I can look back over the journey and see the before pics and realize, food is not everything, food is here to survive off of, not for entertainment. It does not make life more enjoyable. In the end, it only makes you miserable if you let it.

Bring on next week! I'm ready to make some more good choices! :)

1 comment:

Nettie Beard said...

You're looking so good! I can really see the difference! I shared this with some a couple girls at work... I didn't think you'd mind!